Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Bookmaking with K-1 Kids

Welcome to one of my favorite topics--making books with beginning readers. In my next series of blog postings, I will be sharing my ideas on the Whats, Whys, Hows, and Whens of making take-home books with children just learning to read and write. I'll be sharing my creative ideas, some free-downloadables, as well as linking you up with some valuable resources.

But to start you off, here are 2 fun and easy books to download.

For the book "Bugs," children  just color the pages to match the text and complete page 4 with a color word and matching bug. Then cut the 4 pages apart, and staple them together with a fun cover made from construction paper or card stock. I used to bug stickers to decorate the cover, but having kids draw and color their own would be better yet.

blog

 


Here is a simple "flip' book. Cut out the top strip and glue it to a piece of construction paper. Then cut out the color words/pictures and staple them as shown. Children repeat reading "I see . . . " and flip the pages to read different color words.

PhotobucketPhotobucket





No comments:

Post a Comment